The Field Service Technician installs, commissions, monitors, troubleshoots, and repairs Flowserve’s pumps, seals, and other equipment across industries such as oil and gas, chemical, nuclear, coal, and wastewater industries, depending on the customer engagement.
In this challenging position the Field Service Technician (FST) provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The FST is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions onsite at nearby customer facilities.
Our Field Service Technician team is the face of Flowserve, and we count on them to deliver a world-class service to our customers, creating a lasting competitive advantage for our products and services.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Make direct, in-person service calls in response to customer requests.
- Assess mechanical problems and take actions to resolve promptly.
- Work side-by-side with our customer’s personnel, and lead work crews as required.
- Oversee the full cycle of repair: disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, and assembly.
- Ensure that equipment is installed successfully and on schedule.
- Check equipment prior to start-up and assess start-up performance.
- Monitor the maintenance and performance of Flowserve equipment.
- Train customers in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining Flowserve products.
- Collaborate effectively with the supporting organizations of Flowserve, including the repair centers, customer service, and sales engineering.
- Maintain and submit organized, accurate records, including daily reports, jobs quoted, jobs performed, and time and materials charged.
- Knowledgeable about the industrial applications and operations of pumps, valves, seals, actuators, and mechanical equipment.
- Experience with installing mechanical equipment.
- Experience with repairing pump equipment, installing mechanical seals, changing seal faces/gaskets/O rings.
- Proven ability to correctly read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Must be a self-starter with good follow-through, capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Capable in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- An active driver’s license with a good driving record is essential to the role.
- Able to travel, including globally, for extended periods of time
- Able to work overtime as required to minimize impact to customers
- Physical activity is required, including frequent lifting up to 50 pounds / 25kg, ascending/descending ladders and staircases, and climbing and reaching in, under, and around large equipment, often outside year-round.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate by word and actions Flowserve’s values for ethics, safety, and quality
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Professional certifications in this field.
- Ability to work collaboratively with unfamiliar teams.
- HS Diploma / GED and 5-7 years relevant experience
Offered Salary₹50,000 - ₹100,000
Related Jobs (5)
MHE / Forklift Operator on 12/01/2023 Full Time
Material Handler on 10/01/2023 Full Time
Business Development Associate on 06/01/2023 Full Time
Inside Sales Executive on 17/12/2022 Full Time
Marketing Executive Jobs in Mysore on 17/12/2022 Full Time